Friday, April 1, 2011

Diaries of a Baseball Mom...

Brendan

Cardinals vs. Giants

Monday March 28, 2011


Brendan playing left field. Since Brendan is playing in the majors this year, most of his games are night games and don't even start until 7:30pm...that means under the lights!


Next inning...Brendan playing first base...gotta love that he is baseball ready!!

I love the look of the chain linked fence in my baseball pictures!! This is Brendan still playing first base. Brendan at bat... first time at bat he grounded out at first and 2nd time he struck out swinging And the Cardinals take away a

VICTORY

Cardinals 12- Giants 6 Way to go boys!!

Next game...Saturday April 2



Colin

Cubs vs. Yankees

Thursday March 31, 2011

Last year Colin really showed improvement on the baseball field...he has really grown into a great ball player and will readily admit that baseball is his first love. He was really starting to become a great pitcher as well. Well....this year...first game...first pitcher!!

He was a little nervous first inning...excitement, butterflies, jitters...but he did GREAT! Too bad our fielding wasn't as good as the pitching!! The first inning they gave up 5 runs.

Second inning...Colin had a 1...2...3..inning...3 up, 3 down all by way of strike outs! I guess his butterflies flew away!!

In our league a player can only pitch so many innings in a week, so after 2 Colin was done so he can pitch next game. 3rd inning we found him on first base.


Not much action but he did get an out!



Colin at bat...

Officially he was 0-2, with a walk and scored twice.

getting ready to steal and there he goes...





Last time he was in the field he was behind home plate catching...after pitching this is his next favorite place to be on the field.


And the Cubs bring home a

VICTORY

Cubs 19 - Yankees 6


WAY TO GO BOYS!


Next game...Saturday April 2, 2011



AND THAT'S THE WAY IT'S DONE...2 TEAMS...2 GAMES...2 VICTORIES!!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Lovin' the baseball pics! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Tiffany said...

Way to GO, guys! Stacey, I know you are excited and I'm so glad to see and read your baseball posts. I loved the basketball posts as well. We started baseball season today and I'm currently editing and loading ball pics. We didn't have a victory on either team, but we did have a GREAT day:) I look forward to reading more!

Foursons said...

Great shots! I'm surprised to hear baseball is #1 with Dad being a football coach. Going against the grain. :)

RaD said...

Yay! Congrats on the wins! Our teams finally got to play this week and we have a couple of winning teams on our hands. I gonna copy your idea, sort of... I don't have official scores and all that but I think I'm gonna title mine Baseball/Softball Chronicles. I'll probably post on Monday.

I do love the fence pictures too, but have not really succeeded in getting a good one yet this season, it's still early yet thought.

He & Me + 3 said...

colin is a Awesome! But I always knew that. Wow I am impressed all the way down to the way he wears his uniform. Love the pants pulled up and the socks showing. He wears it well. Just noticed that the boys hair is so dark these days. They must be ready for the sun to lighten it back up :) It is getting long too...but I like it.

Unknown said...

Your guys are so awesome! Tell them that baseball is my first love too.