Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Moment I'm Gonna Miss...

It's that time again to remember the little things and delight in them!
I may not admit it very often, but I am gonna miss when the boys won't need help with homework anymore, or maybe that I won't be able to help them with it when they need it!!
I do only teach kindergarten you know!!
Colin has the same 3rd grade teacher, Ms. L, that Brendan had last year, which I requested for both of them! Every month a book report is assigned in a different genre and style.
September brought A Cereal Box Report with the genre being Realistic Fiction.
Colin choose a Junie B. Jones book called The Mushy Gushy Valentine. I am not a big fan of these books, but it was what Colin wanted and as long as he is reading...that is the important thing! So we set to work on his report!
We had a come up with a cereal and name it so of course it was X & O 's for hugs and Kisses!

On the back they had to create an interactive game that went along with the story and cereal so we choose Tic Tac Toe, naturally, with X's and O's!


Last year Brendan had to do the same kind of report and naturally he choose a football related book!

I love the creativity behind Ms. L's book reports; this month, October, is science fiction in the form of a story skeleton!

I know that one day the boys will not need my help, and I am sure that I am gonna miss it, so for now I will turn the TV off, put the dishes away later, put down my work...and help them while they are asking!!

For more moments you're gonna miss be sure and visit Pam.

11 comments:

More Than Words said...

I know what you mean. There are times when I want my kids to be independent, but I know there will be a time when they will hardly need me for anything. Makes me sad!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great job Colin. Wow he really is looking skinny in those pictures. What a great idea for book reporting. How fun! So proud of my boy!

He & Me + 3 said...

p.s.
Mine barely need my help. It really stinks. But when they do need my help they want me to do it for them. Hmmmm.

jules said...

I know exactly what you mean. I helped my son with his homework for years. My daughter on the other hand never "needed" me. :-(

Carrie said...

What a creative project...an awesome idea! Good job! I'm not the most enthusiastic when helping Alex because my patience isn't very good...but I think I'll miss it too, because I enjoy knowing what and how he's learning and that he still wants my input! I know it won't be long before i can't help him much anymore, either! Such a great moment!

Twincerely,Olga said...

Aww! They are precious!

Stacy said...

I use to love doing book reports! Their teacher sounds great:)

Debra Kaye said...

Your boys are precious and so are you, Stacey! I miss those times with both my children. Now when I ask Josh if he needs my help with anything I hear "nope, got it all under control, Mom"...ugh sigh

But that's what we've been told to do right? Raise them up and teach them in the way they should go!

Blessings to you, sweet friend.

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love all of the creative project kids in elementary school do. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yeah we are just getting into the book reporting....Love that football one! So cute! ;)

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, how cute! I don't think I'll miss them needing help on homework. I hate, hate, hate homework, so I doubt I'll ever miss that part! =0)