Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where's Mom?! 46/52 Photos of ME!

Forever In Blue Jeans
Are YOU a mom? Are YOU missing from the pictures? Most moms I know are, but here is a fun meme that brings us moms out from behind the camera and puts US in the spotlight! Carin over at Forever in Blue Jeans is the hostess of this year long picture project; and just think, after a year, you will have at least 52 pictures with you in them! It can be scary, but com'on, give it a try! It's easy, all you have to do is hand over the camera and smile (or not, it is completely up to you!!). And the best part is, you can jump in and start whenever; for me this will be my 46th week!

This picture was taken this past Monday! The school where I teach and the boys attend held it's annual School Spirit Week in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday and March which is Read Across America month. We have such fun dressing up. For last year's spirit you can go here! They changed things up a bit this year and themed each day according to one of Dr. Seuss' loved books!

Monday was Cat in the Hat day...wear your favorite hat

Tuesday was Thing 1 & Thing 2 day...dress as twins with a friend

Wednesday was Wacky Wednesday...wacky tacky day

Thursday was Fox in Socks...crazy socks day

and Friday is dress as your favorite Dr. Seuss character!

The boys and I have really gotten into it but I will be posting more about that later!

Now it's your turn to join the fun...hand the camera over, say cheese, and smile!!

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that. What a fun week it would be!!!!

Love your hat! and can't wait to see the rest of the week.

Darcie said...

awww....you all look so great in your hats for Hat Day! Spirit Week at school is always so fun for everyone.

Woolverton Girl said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I love all of your hats.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I bet all the kids had so much fun!

Please Shoot Me a visit when you can, see you..

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH how fun! Great pic!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great hats and shot.

Kristen said...

That is the cutest idea for spirit week. I love the Dr. Seuss themes. I think I am going to have to stop by again to see the other pictures. Did you dress up as your favorite character on Friday?

Carin said...

How great is that! Adorable picture! I love what your school did for each day of the week. I should share that with our school, they are in need of a little help with ideas, LOL!

He & Me + 3 said...

The theme is super cute and I love how they tied each theme into a DR. Suess book. Creative. Loved the hats.

Clair said...

1. Those hats are brilliant.
2. LOVE the Dr Seuss idea... gonna pitch that idea at the parent council meeting next week!

Great picture, fab ideas!

sara said...

love the hats!!!

my kids always love spirit week and go all out!!

Marice said...

cool hats :) sounds really like a fun week!

u may view mine here

More Than Words said...

How cute are all of you! And how neat that they incorporated Dr. Seuss' bday through the week!

Leah said...

Great picture and what a really fun idea! When my kids were small it was always fun to share in their days - thanks for bringing back some memories!

Kim said...

What a fun week! I loved spirit weeks at school when I was growing up. I work at a YMCA and we just had a Dr. Suess reading night, it was so much fun.

I love your St. Patty's day look!

jules said...

Our schools did the same thing here. The kids seem to love it.

You all look so cute in your crazy hats!

Diana Ferguson said...

Everyone looks great! What a fun week.