Friday, April 30, 2010

1st Letter of Intent...

Foursons



Dear Parks & Rec Guy in the red shirt...


Yes...YOU...I appreciate that you work for our city's wonderful parks and rec department. I appreciate that I can put both of my sons into 3 sports a year for a very low rate. And I appreciate the beautiful facilities that my boys are able play at....what I DON'T appreciate is YOU talking about ME after I ask for some ice for my child who has just been hit by a kid pitched baseball. That's right...my friend heard you and of course came back and told me...when I come to the concession stand and nicely ask for an icepack for my ball hit child, I would really appreciate you smiling and asking if he is OK and then promptly getting me that ice pack so his arm doesn't start to swell and discolor. I don't appreciate you telling me sarcastically to "GEESH...CALM DOWN. He ONLY got hit in the arm by a baseball." WHAT...I'M SORRY...WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME???? He only got hit with a baseball??? Is that what YOU just said to ME about MY son??? Oh cuz I didn't quite hear you. Maybe when YOU have a son of your own and HE gets hit by a kid pitched baseball then YOU might feel like ME...and when the worker who you ask for ice from talks smack behind your back...YOU can go off on him like a spider monkey on crack. SO next time my kid gets hit by a ball and I ask for some ice (I mean IT is your job, isn't it?) please just smile, ask if he is OK and get the stupid ice pack.


Thank you so very much,

The Red-Faced Yelly Baseball Mom

**and Colin was indeed fine...but really just get the stupid ice pack!!**
For more reading entertainment, blog on over to Foursons.

11 comments:

Foursons said...

Oh my gosh. Are you kidding me? I would have had a major fit with that man. That is completely inappropriate and uncalled for. I had to get an ice pack for Nolan at his game last night and if anyone had said something anywhere close to that they would have been needing an ice pack of their own.

Thanks for linking up and I'm glad your son is OK.

Darcie said...

Some people just don't get it, do they? Can't help but wonder if he is even a dad, because compassion for someone goes a long ways. Sorry you had to go through that.

He & Me + 3 said...

Why? I mean really? Some people are just so rude. Glad my boy is OK.
Hugs,
Mimi

Beth Zimmerman said...

Despise it when people who act like that! So glad your son is okay!

RaD said...

Glad he's okay! My boy's been a ball magnet this year so I can totally relate. Well, except for the part about the not so nice man acting like an idiot. When we ask for ice from the snack shack they usually get it pronto! I wouldn't be very nice if they weren't :)

Lisa said...

I would have like to take and hit him with a baseball upside the head....lol

Bridget said...

Glad he's okay, and I would have been ticked off, too!!!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Wow.. ridiculous... I am glad your son is okay...

I really need to start doing these letters of intent... I could write books... like the obviously drugged up lady in the walmart parking lot who asked if I had cash.. I said I don't carry cash with me.. I proceeded to put my daughter in the car and got in myself, and saw her coming around the car and reaching for my passenger door handle.. i immediately locked the doors and left.. ridiculous...

lifeasyouliveit said...

my new favorite post! i can feel the sarcasm dripping off your words :) super glad he's ok but still loving the post the whole situation provided! can't wait to see you!

Robyn said...

Wow really! I hope your young man is alright. Some People!

More Than Words said...

At least pretend to care, right? Some people can be so insensitive. He must not be a parent!