Friday, May 29, 2009

How Cute is THIS Kid?

So football practice started this week. Yes, you heard me correctly, it is never ending! Football is a year round sport and silly you thought it was just played in the fall! Just because we are outta school doesn't mean the football players get a summer vaca! A coach that Ryan coaches with, was in a pickle this week with his wife being out of town, so I babysat Little O while he was at practice! He is just the cutest thing!
His dad dropped him of at thebuttcrackofdawn, 6:45 am, and we hung out until about 10:20 am or so! (practice is from 7-10am M-TH). We started out the morning by watching some Playhouse Disney...oh that brings back memories! And then we ate breakfast and then played with the toys.
After awhile Little O wanted to play outside and since there is a pool in our backyard, I opted for the park down the street. We had lots of fun walking up the stairs, sliding down the slides and running everywhere...WELL he had fun doing all of those things, along with Brendan & Colin, while I chased along behind making sure everyone was safe!
The boys rode their bikes to the park, while Little O and I walked and while we walked, we had the cutest conversation. He is not even 2 and a half yet, but he sure can hold his own in a conversation! I had to really think back, but I am not sure if my boys talked as well as Little O at his age. Our conversation went a little something like this...
Little O: "Stacey, I like to eat at Red Robin. Do you?"
Me: "I do. It is yummy! What do you like to eat at Red Robin?"
Little O: "I eat big fat fries!"
Me: "Oh they have the best fries! Is that all you eat when you are there?"
Little O: "Oh No! I eat chicken nuggets with my fries!"
Me: "Oh that sounds so yummy!"
Little O: "Can we go there now to eat?"
Me: " Oh honey, it is too early; they aren't even open yet."
Little O: "That's too bad!"
Seriously, I felt as though I was talking to one of my kids!
How cute is THIS kid?!

15 comments:

Elyse said...

Completely adorable! Not even 2.5...what a talker :) ADORABLE...arn't you used to getting up at the buttcrackofdawn anyways? So sweet!
~Elyse

Leigh said...

How cute! Loving your "butcrackofdawn" comment....we were pulling out of the drive way a FULL hour before that! You lucky girl....getting to sleep that long!

Stephanie said...

Adorable! I love the conversations they have at that age!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh I remember those conversations with my kids. He is a cutie. Doesn't make me want a little 2.5 year old boy again though. LOL
I am still chasing my 4 year old around. When does it get easier with boys? When I want to know? By now the girls were so easy breezy. I am at a loss.
He is a cutie!

E @ Scottsville said...

I sure wish I"d had a blog when my kids were that small. So many moments... unarchived! UGgggh.

Guess I'll have to wait til I have grandkids, huh? =0)

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That is soo great! Adorable! Love it...and boys love it!

Anonymous said...

Cute munchkin!

Jane Anne said...

He is a cutie! I love Red Robin too and I also think 6:45 is the buttcrackofdawn. You are a good friend!

Carol said...

What a little sweetheart. That conversation was something else.

You are funny singing the old Fred Flinstone, "Happy Anniversary" tune. I almost put that at the top of my blog post and then decided not to. You took care of it though.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Blessings!

Woolverton Girl said...

Very cute! I love the things kids say!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh..he is cute and very smart!!!! LOL..that was a cute convo you had w/ him!!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Sounds like a fun (but early) day! My youngest is almost 3 and I love the conversations I have with him...so sweet.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a cutie! Looks like he had a wonderful time hanging out with you guys. Love the Red Robin comment. :)

Us said...

Um, very cute!!! He is quite the talker! I love that! I hate getting up at the buttcrackofdawn! hee hee

4 Lettre Words said...

He is very cute! (And, so is your blog!!)