Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm Gonna Miss This...

Here are the boys at movie night at the stadium. Twice a year, our city holds a movie night at the local spring training stadium. It is so much fun. We load up the car with blankets, pillows, and a picnic basket full of food! The gates open at 6pm and the movie starts at 6:30pm. They let everyone lay out their blankets on the outfield and show the movie on the jumbotron!
We have seen a few flicks such as E.T., The Bee Movie and a few of the Scooby Do Movies; this past movie night was a showing of Kung Fu Panda! The boys had seen it, but I never had; it was pretty good! And the best part is that it was free with canned food for the local food bank.

I am sure gonna miss the times when they feel they are too old to spend a Saturday night at the ballpark, watching a flick on the jumbotron with their mom! So for the time being, I am going enjoy it while I can, and even if I don't wanna go, I will, just to be with them!

For more You're Gonna Miss This moments, be sure to visit Pam!

7 comments:

Carol said...

How cool is it that you get to do that? I hope they want to do that with you for a long time. Great moment! and for a good cause, too. :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so much fun! Do they have popcorn? Gotta have popcorn for the movies. You all are so lucky that they do so much cool stuff at your stadium.

Debra Kaye said...

This is just awesome, Stacey! Looks like so much fun!

Happy Mother's Day to you, my sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun!

Robyn said...

Wow that would be so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

Happy Mother's day!

More Than Words said...

How fun!!!!!!! That is really cool that your city does that!!!! My kids would totally enjoy that too! I don't think your boys will ever outgrow this with mom and dad!!

Pam said...

That looks like a blast!!! I would love to do that with my kids! Good times!!