Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Last Book Report!

Brendan is in the 3rd grade and throughout this year he has had to do lots of different styles and genres of book reports. I have blogged about some of them, including his cereal box report, his story skeleton report, and his scrapbook page. Some of the ones that I have not blogged on were his sandwich report, his book jacket and his file folder report. Well, here we are in our last week of school (yes, that's right, out last day is this Thursday!) and Brendan's last report was due yesterday. His teacher, Miss L, let the kids choose whatever genre and style they wanted to do for this last hurrah! Brendan choose to do another fairy tale...this one The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
And his style was a board game.
This was a new idea that Miss L threw out there and he grabbed right onto it!
He {we} did a great job...don't you think?!

And the best part...it's playable!
It has a die with cards and you lose turns and move ahead and have lots of fun!
Brendan had an amazing teacher for 3rd grade; I can only hope and pray that his 4th grade teacher is this great! (and hopefully Colin will get Miss L for 3rd grade; she can't get rid of us that easily!!)

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow...Thursday? that's soon! Lucas doesn't get out until the 4th but honestly it's crazy...the last two weeks are spent playing around and filled with half days. Just a waste of time if you ask me. Great job on the report....he's so creative! If that's third grade guess we'll be doing that kind of stuff next year.

E @ Scottsville said...

What an awesome project! and yes, it does look like he did a GREAT job! =0) He sure looks proud of his work.

Thanks for dropping by "Five Moms & A Blog" yesterday. We're excited about our new adventure!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh he did do a great job! He should definitely be proud! And she sounds like a great teacher!

Kelly said...

Great job! I am counting down the days till we are out of school! Summer here I come!! :o)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great job Brendan. only a few more days and you are done. You will be a big 4th grader. YIKES> That is scary. how did they get so big. Talking to you now Stacey...the first part was for Bren. LOL
Great job!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh great job. School is out soon! Yeah for all the boys and for mom...isn't that exciting...;)

Lisa said...

Can you request your teachers. Sounds like Ms. L is really good and great job on the project. the last couple I helped Emily with got an A+, I felt like it was half my grade.

Great Job Colin.

Lisa said...

I meant to say I hope Colin gets Ms. L and great job on the report Brendan, see if you can request that teacher. I always make requests and they are happy to do it.

Mikki said...

How fun!!! It looks great!!!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Oh what a cute idea. I hope he got an "A!" Sounds like a fun game. I'd play it!

Nice to meet you too! Yeah, sounds like you guys have pedicure weather all the time, lol!

Thanks for stopping by. We're pretty excited to finally get it going!

~ Nan

Jane Anne said...

Oh, that is great! I love homework that is fun. I am ready for summer! We don't get out here until June 12.

More Than Words said...

Wow!! That is super creative!! It sounds like his teacher was wonderful!!!!!

Tell him, "Great job!!"

Kristin said...

I love the creativity in today's classrooms when it comes to book reports...I loved to read and loved to write but dreaded the MANY traditional book reports we always had to write! He did a great job and it looks like it was fun :)