Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where's Mom?! 13/52 Picture of Me!

Are YOU a mom? Are YOU missing from the picture? Most moms, I know are, but here is a great meme that brings us moms out from behind the camera and puts us in the spotlight! Carin over at Forever in Blue Jeans is the hostess for this year long picture project. It is lots of fun and just think, after 52 weeks, you will have 52 pictures of YOU in them to pass down. It can be scary, but com'on, give it a try! It's easy, all you have to do is hand over the camera and smile! (or not, it's up to you!) And the best part is, you can join whenever. for me, this will be my 13th week! OOHHHH! Scary number 13!!
Today is our last day of school...you heard me right...THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Sweet hubby was so nice to snap these few pics before heading off to his own last day of school! We are so lucky that we are both teachers, for the same district no less, and that we get the same vacas and same time off of school!! This was taken bright eyed and bushy tailed before leaving for school this morning!

I can imagine that Brendan & Colin will never tire for the last day of school to get here! Heck I am thirtysomething and I STILL love the feeling of waking up on the last day of school! (Don't get me wrong, I love the first day of school too!) But waking up...knowing that we have an entire summer of doing whatever it is we want (within reason, that is!!)is SOSOSO AWESOME!! So I know that I won't ever miss them getting excited, cuz I don't think THAT will ever happen!!
Here's to the last day of school...
BRING ON SUMMER!!!

It's easy...hand over the camera, say cheese and join the fun!!

22 comments:

Carin said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! Your best pictures ever! I liked the first one so much, then the second with your arms up was so fun. I said to myself "too bad they're not jumping". then scrolling to the next picture where you are jumping, TOO GREAT!!!! Have a wonderful summer!!! (we have till next Friday)

Jane Anne said...

WOO HOO!!!! Paaaaarty!!!

I love the pictures- all of them- but the jumping one made me smile really, really big.

We have a few more weeks here (don't get out until June 12th) and I am soooo ready. Have a fantastic day!!

Elyse said...

YAHOO...school's out for summma! VERY COOL pictures of you guys! Have a great last day :)
~Elyse

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh what fun pictures! We are are done with school next Friday. Can't wait!

Amber Dupree said...

You're cute :)

More Than Words said...

Yay! Last day of school!!

Love the picture of all of you jumping up in the air!!!!! :)

That is awesome how you and your hub have the same vacation time!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice action shots!

He & Me + 3 said...

In the first one I was like...the boys don't look to thrilled...then the second and the third I about peed my pants laughing at you all. Girl you got mad ups. You chould have played volleyball you could have sent a spike down someones throat. LOL
Happy Summer you stinkers!

Sneaky Momma said...

We live for summer around here, too! What's that saying? The best things about being a teacher are June, July, and August? :) Makes me smile every time!

Lisa said...

School's out for summer....not for us for another 2 weeks :(
I do enjoy no homework and sleeping in.

Anonymous said...

Lucky!!! My girls get out next Friday and they are READY.... Love the photos especially the last one of you three jumping!

Clair said...

We've got 5 weeks to go. I;m excited for my girls but i dont get the holidays and i'm already wishing i could get more time with them. YOu are one lucky mum! Great jumping shots.

Andrea said...

Wow, love all that excitment caught on film! Great shots that really capture a great emotion. Have a fantastic summer together.

Darcie said...

What great pictures this week! I will be right there with you in the jumping department, but mine will not be for another 2 weeks.

Fun pictures!

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for stopping by & for all your help. NOT! I expected more from you. Some best friend. lOL
Hugs,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me smile! I'm loving the enthusiasm. :) Have a lovely summer!

Kelly said...

I LOVE the jumping picture!! That will be a week from now!! Have a great summer!! :o)

Stephanie said...

That last picture is my favorite!!!! My kids would be jealous if I told them that!

Woolverton Girl said...

I love that last shot. You guys all look so excited that school is out!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

Kristin said...

Your second photo is the BEST! Have a wonderful summer!!!

Mikki said...

How fun is that!!
Great shots!!