Sunday, November 2, 2008

Colin Boy


So this is a post about my God Loving son Colin Boy! His real name is Colin Lloyd (after is PaPa), but when he was little, MiMi's (from He & Me +3) little girl, Sammy, thought we were calling him Colin Boy, when actually we were calling him Colin Lloyd. So to make a long story short, the nickname stuck and we occasionally still call him Colin Boy (especially MiMi, since she is his God Mother). So to get on with the post....Colin came home from school this week and I noticed that he had written on his backpack, in pen no less. Me, being the penny pinching mom that I am, went berserk when I saw it. "Why on earth would you write on your backpack? Don't you know that backpacks cost money? and Money does not grow on our trees?" "Come on Colin, use your brain" (that is my catch phrase when I get frustrated with something that one of the boys does). So he looks at me with his big blue eyes, looking all sad, and this is what he says to me, "But mom, I wrote, I love God." It was all I could do not to grab him in my arms and hold onto him forever. As I write this now and think of that moment, I get tears in my eyes. He has such a kind sweet heart. He is my lover, peacemaker, snuggler and I can't imagine my life with out him. So needless to say, I will let his message stay on his backpack and smile when ever I walk behind him at school and able to read it.

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That's my Colin boy! That is A.O.K in my book. He is precious & I just want to squeeze him right now! Love you Colin!

FOOTBALL MAN said...

I like your blogs, looking forward to your future updates.

Davisix said...

This one gave me major goosebumps! What a kind sweet boy. Tell Colin I love God too...and we're cool! :)

Lisa said...

Aww, what a sweet boy. That story gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Don't you just LOVE when you yell or say something because you think that they are doing something wrong and then there they go being all sweet and AWESOME! I love that he wrote I LOVE GOD. I would let my son write that all over everything!!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh, how cute! Boys really can be sweet. I don't know what I would do without mine, either!