Monday, November 10, 2008

Prayers Needed

OK, so this is a prayer request for me. Some of you may know, but 6 weeks ago tomorrow I had a hysterectomy. I won't go into all the details, but originally I was only going in for a tubal and ablation. Once inside, the doctor was dumb-founded when he found a fibroid tumor the size of an orange. Now you have to think about it...your uterus is only the size of a pear, so to have a tumor the size of an orange, well it's not good. And the problem with my tumor was that is was hanging by a shaft from the uterine wall; most tumors embed themselves into the uterine wall and it is much easier to remove. So anyways...a hysterectomy was preformed. They worst part about it was not knowing until I woke up what had happened. I was in the hospital for a week and have been home on medical leave for the past 5 weeks. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning, not a fun outside look, but an invasive look from the inside (yuck). If all is well and healing fine, I will be cleared to return to work (I teach kindergarten) on Monday, November 17, 2008. If things are not going as planned, then that means more time off. And as you all know, Christmas is coming and the goose is not getting fat. No work=no paycheck! So please say a prayer that all is well and I will be able to return to work. I still have pain and numbness, but that is too be expected, I am told. Hopefully for not too long, but I have faith. Thanks blogging sisters...you are all awesome.

13 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Praying for you, my friend. And praying for God's peace about this situation.

I have not had any more children do to a situation when my son was born. I did not have a hysterectomy, but no one has ever been able to tell me it would not happen again. It is a very difficult thing to process. May God help you heal.

Stephanie said...

Praying for you...for healing and that you may return to work asap! I know how you feel with no work=no paycheck...since hubbys been out for a month that's been tough especially with Christmas coming up.

Hope tomorrow goes well and you get good news!

Kelly said...

I will say a prayer for you. Please let me know what you find out.
I hope all is well and healing as expected. (or even better)
So sorry that you are going through this.
HUGS

Us said...

Praying for you...I hope the doctor's appt. tomorrow brings good news! Sorry you are going through this..keep us posted.

More Than Words said...

Hi Stacey! Yes...I will be praying for you too! What a blessing for all these women to stand in the gap for you!! ((HUGS)) Alicia

Lisa said...

I will definately be praying for you. I have learned from my book I am studying by Stormie Omartin that prayer that involves praise is the prayer that changes everything.
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25 Keep my posted friend!

Davisix said...

Praying for you! Please keep us posted.

I too had to have a hysterectomy. They sure aren't fun. :(

Kelly said...

Praying for you!! "Lord, please cover this fellow sister in Christ with peace and love. Let her know that each minute you are there holding her in your arms. No matter what is done or said, you will never leave her side and carry her through! In your precious name, AMEN"

Lisa said...

I am sorry you had to have a hysterectomy. I will keep you on my prayer list. I pray that you are healing nicely and that you will soon be able to return to work. Good luck with your appt.

tiki_lady said...

I am a hyster sister too! I had my hyster when I was 32! I managed to hold a death grip onto my uterus for 6 years and it allowed me my last child!

It took me a while to accept and understand my body and emotions. I am so sorry it was a last minute saving decision. I knew before I went into surgery and although I thought I dealt with it, I really didn't.
After the physical healing will come the mental healing and acceptance. That part was a bit harder for me and I mourned my uterus. It was all my unborn children. I knew that ultimately it had to be HF's decision because I couldn't make the decsion NOT to have any more children. I have very high risk, life threatening for me and babe's life pregnancy.

I had prayed before to HF to help me make the decision and know because I couldn't make that decision on my own. With a misdiagnosed heart condition and a bleeding issue, the answer was clear. I had done my part as baby making machine! DANGIT! Then came the relationship with Mr. Incredible and the hormone inbalance. Then came the light and the bliss! You will get there.

Give yourself time and talk things out with fellow hyster sisters.
Email me, flyinhawaiian@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

I will be saying a prayer for you! So sorry you are having to go through this, I had to have a hystorectomy 3 years ago and at the time it was hard but now that it's over and everything is healed it was the best decision. Praying for you {{HUGS}} LeAnn

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

I don't know where my comment is...I'm sorry, I've had a friend who has been in dire need. I've really been pulled in her direction for support.

I could have sworn I commented on this...I feel like I'm losing my mind.

At any rate, I wanted you to know that I have been praying for you ever since I saw your comment about the hysterectomy and how it has affected you emotionally.

I had a very difficult situation with my ovaries but nothing like having a tumor that size ... I pray you are being healed.

Blessings to you sweet sis!

Lyndi Mac said...

That's real tough to go through. I'm so glad you have a bevy of sister's in Christ that prayed you through. We were praying cuz we always do and depend on the Lord for the specifics. We have happy hearts knowing all is well now.
Love you