Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Back...

To work that is! I was very overwhelmed this morning when I got to my classroom. I was feeling anxious already, but when I actually got there I was thinking, "Gosh my students have not been with me for 7 weeks." 7 weeks is a very long time for a kindergartener. Have they forgotten me? Will they still respect me, my room and my rules? Well, I opened my door and turned on the light and this is what I saw on my board...
If you can't read it, it says "Welcome Back...We Missed You!" and the entire class had signed it. And I had my answer. I was bombarded with hugs and sweet voices singing my praises and saying "we are so glad you are back" or "I missed you" all day long. I am very sore (from all the hugs, since their arm is right at my incision line!) and tired, but I love being a kindergarten teacher and since I have to work, I think I have the best job in the world. My cup runith over....

13 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Prayed for you today. Glad it was better than you thought it would be. I also think that being a Kindergarten teacher is the best job in the world. There are days I miss it...but not enough to get back in my working shoes.

Davisix said...

Oh Stacey...what a GREAT day with those sweet kids. I got all warm and fuzzy inside. Gentle {hugs} to you. :) Ang

Kelly said...

So cute!! IT is nice to be loved especially by little ones!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

oh, that is too cool! I am glad your first day went well.

Get some rest now!

Lisa said...

Glad tht your first day back was a good one. Sounds like they missed you and we missed you too!! Hope you have another great day tomorrow.

Kelly said...

awww...how sweet. Welcome back to blogland. You were missed.
I used to teach pre-school and thought about kindergarten, but never went for it.
Glad you had a good first day back. Sorry the hugs made you sore, but a good sore, I am sure.

Us said...

So happy you are back and so very happy that you had a good day!! What a wonderful group of kids!! xo

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

That is so precious...I'm so glad you had a good first day back.

I can just imagine that your students missed you...what a great teacher you must be!!

((hugs)) to you sweet friend!! carefully....haha

Stephanie said...

Yeah!!!! So glad you had a good day today!!!! Surely you didn't doubt that they would miss you and that you would be welcomed back with OPEN arms!!!!!!!
Have a great week!

More Than Words said...

Oh what a nice treat to come back to!!!! I bet you felt so loved!! How cute...I can picture a bunch of 5 year olds! I bet you feel blessed!!!

Lisa said...

That is so awesome Stacey, I am so happy for you and I bet your anxiety of returning when into peace and joy...that is great!!!

Stacy said...

Awww that's so sweet.I bet they were so glad for you to be back.Glad it was a good one for you!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh, I guess I got my answer to my last comment...for some reason I thought you were a director at a daycare...I am so off...anyways...I am so Thankful for teachers and I am sure all the students and parents are thankful for you!!!