Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Back...

To work that is! I was very overwhelmed this morning when I got to my classroom. I was feeling anxious already, but when I actually got there I was thinking, "Gosh my students have not been with me for 7 weeks." 7 weeks is a very long time for a kindergartener. Have they forgotten me? Will they still respect me, my room and my rules? Well, I opened my door and turned on the light and this is what I saw on my board...
If you can't read it, it says "Welcome Back...We Missed You!" and the entire class had signed it. And I had my answer. I was bombarded with hugs and sweet voices singing my praises and saying "we are so glad you are back" or "I missed you" all day long. I am very sore (from all the hugs, since their arm is right at my incision line!) and tired, but I love being a kindergarten teacher and since I have to work, I think I have the best job in the world. My cup runith over....

13 comments:

He And Me + 3 said...

Prayed for you today. Glad it was better than you thought it would be. I also think that being a Kindergarten teacher is the best job in the world. There are days I miss it...but not enough to get back in my working shoes.

Davisix said...

Oh Stacey...what a GREAT day with those sweet kids. I got all warm and fuzzy inside. Gentle {hugs} to you. :) Ang

Kelly said...

So cute!! IT is nice to be loved especially by little ones!!

Named Alicia said...

oh, that is too cool! I am glad your first day went well.

Get some rest now!

Lisa said...

Glad tht your first day back was a good one. Sounds like they missed you and we missed you too!! Hope you have another great day tomorrow.

Kelly said...

awww...how sweet. Welcome back to blogland. You were missed.
I used to teach pre-school and thought about kindergarten, but never went for it.
Glad you had a good first day back. Sorry the hugs made you sore, but a good sore, I am sure.

Keli said...

So happy you are back and so very happy that you had a good day!! What a wonderful group of kids!! xo

Debra said...

Stacey,

That is so precious...I'm so glad you had a good first day back.

I can just imagine that your students missed you...what a great teacher you must be!!

((hugs)) to you sweet friend!! carefully....haha

Baseballs and Tutu's said...

Yeah!!!! So glad you had a good day today!!!! Surely you didn't doubt that they would miss you and that you would be welcomed back with OPEN arms!!!!!!!
Have a great week!

Alicia said...

Oh what a nice treat to come back to!!!! I bet you felt so loved!! How cute...I can picture a bunch of 5 year olds! I bet you feel blessed!!!

Lisa said...

That is so awesome Stacey, I am so happy for you and I bet your anxiety of returning when into peace and joy...that is great!!!

Stacy C. said...

Awww that's so sweet.I bet they were so glad for you to be back.Glad it was a good one for you!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh, I guess I got my answer to my last comment...for some reason I thought you were a director at a daycare...I am so off...anyways...I am so Thankful for teachers and I am sure all the students and parents are thankful for you!!!