Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Yummy Award!

Oh my gosh...I am so honored to receive yet another award! This yummy award comes from my good bloggy friend, Alicia over at More Than Words. She has such a great family and the love shines through in her blog for God and her fam! Thanks Alicia, I had this bag of mush passed to me this summer and it is sooo good. I like adding blueberries or chocolate chips to the recipe too!
So here is what I need to do:
1. Please put the logo on your blog. (check!)
2. Place a link to the person from whom you received the award. (Alicia!)
3. Nominate 3 or more blog. (check! see below)
4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog. (check!)
5. Leave a message on their blogs telling them they've won an award! (check!)
6. Start preparing the bread starter. (check..well next weekend, check!)

Amish Friendship Bread Starter

It is very important to use plastic or wooden utensils and plastic or glass containers when making this. Do not use metal at all!

Ingredients:
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (110°F)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup warm milk (110°F)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water for about 10 minutes. Stir well.
2. In a 2 quart glass or plastic container, combine 1 cup sifted flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or the flour will get lumpy when you add the milk.
3. Slowly stir in warm milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Loosely cover the mixture with a lid or plastic wrap.
The mixture will get bubbly. Consider this Day 1 of the cycle, or the day you receive the starter.
To the balance (a little over one cup) of the batter, add the following ingredients and mix well.
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

In a separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients and mix well:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 - (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup nuts (optional)
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix and pour into two well greased and sugared bread pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.If you keep a starter for yourself, you will bake every 10 days. The bread is very a good quick bread and makes a great gift.

Amish Friendship Bread Recipe
Day 1: Do nothing (This is the day you receive the batter, but go by the date on the bag).
Day 2: Mush the bag
Day 3: Mush the bag
Day 4: Mush the bag
Day 5: Mush the bag
Day 6: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk. Mush the bag. Don't worry if the starter smells, it is fermenting.
Day 7: Mush the bag
Day 8: Mush the bag
Day 9: Mush the bag
Day 10: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Stir. Take out 3 cups and place 1 cup each into three separate plastic containers. Give one cup and a copy of this recipe to three (reality) friends.

OK...so I pass this Amish Bread Friendship Award to.....
Angie @ Davisix
OK ladies, thanks for being such great bloggy buddies! I am sure that all of you have been to their blogs, but if you haven't, you better. What are you waiting for, check them out!

8 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

Could you be any sweeter? I submit that you cannot! Guess what? Jean gave me this one too and I have not posted it yet because I am so bloggy behind because my poor hubby has been needing me to be his legs and arms and oh my stars...is he a hurtin unit!

Anyway, I'm rambling...can you tell I need to be bloggin instead of dressing wounds and running up and down the stairs a dozen times! hahahah just kiddin...it's really my honor. kind of sort of, just kiddin. can you tell i'm punchy right about now?

i'd actually love some of that bread! can someone please help me with my laundry and all the other things i need to do so i can blog? oh my stars, i can't stop myself...i need to shut up! LOL

I love ya! Thanks for the award...are you sorry you gave it to me now? ((hugs)) to you sweet friend!!!

Davisix said...

Stacey ~ Thank you SO much for this! I LOVE this bread and so do the Things. Adding chocolate chips is our favorite. :) I'm very honored. xoxox Ang

He & Me + 3 said...

Yummy is right, now who is going to make it for me? Thanks friend! You are so lucky you picked me...LOL!

More Than Words said...

Aren't awards the best? LOL

Us said...

What a great award! Congrats! You are well deserving!
Xo

Anonymous said...

THis is a great award and you deserve it sista!!! I have made this before and have passed it out among friends.

Lisa said...

I'll take a loaf with some butter..mmmmmm

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yum! You deserve that award and so do all the folks you gave it to!!!