Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Vacation is Finally Here!!

So, Christmas vacation is finally here and we are all SSOOO excited! This past week has been lots of fun and busy all at the same it! And even though we are exhausted, we can't wait to start our vaca! But before we get into that...let's take a look back at our busy week..

Brendan was Student of the Week and this is the cool poster we filled out together.
This past week, my kindergartners built and decorated graham cracker houses and so did Brendan & Colin (after some begging & whining, and of course after school!).

At school on Friday, it was a fun filled day of Brendan's Cast Party for his Mastering Math Mystery , Colin's day of Christmas centers where all the 2nd graders got to change rooms for fun activities, and my day of The Polar Express!! All of the kindergartners, including teachers, go to wear jammies to school, and we watched The Polar Express and then had hot chocolate & cookies! And the best part of the day is that we had a half day!! YAY!!


We came home and had pizza, wings and pie and hung out.

Saturday morning I was woken up to Ryan jumping on the bed yelling..."It's Christmas Vacation, It's Christmas Vacation!!" And this was at 6:30 am..."Are ya kiddin' me?!"


So, since we were all up, we headed to IHOP for some yummy breakfast and then grocery shopping at THE Walmart!

11 comments:

Davisix said...

Great pics! And I love that he woke you up all excited about Christmas Vacation....LOL! I hope your Christmas is blessed along with your time off. :) Ang

Lisa said...

I know that my hubby is excited to be off for Christmas vacation...he reminds me of a big kid!! Looks like the kids had a great time and IHOP sounds delicious (Yummy).

Enjoy your time off : )

Kelly said...

how much fun that you and hubby and the kiddos are ALL off for Christmas break together. I think that is AWESOME.
My hubby takes Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after off and I am THRILLED. He does the same for New Year's.
Too funny that the boy was up @ 6:30 AM on his first day of vaca. Teach that boy better. ;) lol I do NOT function before AT LEAST 8am, better yet 9:30am.
Oh yeah, I am so NOT going back to the working world. lol
I love eating breakfast out.
Enjoy your break. Look forward to catching up with you.

Shannon said...

I made those gingerbread houses one time with 4th graders and it was fun but so messy. We're doing one here tomorrow but this time I got a kit.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Love the post! I just love the holiday season!

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute gingerbread houses. Great job boys! Did they eat them already? So glad that you will be on break for a few weeks. Maybe we can do some catching up on the phone. Yeah for Christmas!

Jessie said...

Great pics! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Nice way to start of the holiday season :)

More Than Words said...

Wow, I never even thought about using graham crackers for gingerbread houses! So cool!

It sounds like you had a fun week before vacation! Oh..and I love IHOP too! Yummy! Now I'm craving for it! LOL

Stephanie said...

IHOP rocks!!!! Don't you just love when it's vacation time yet the kids are still up at 630 :)

Debra Kaye said...

Congrats to Brendan! That's awesome....and oh yea, IT'S CHRISTMAS VACATION!!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What wonderful memories & great pics! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas vacation!