Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the Season to Bake!

So...I love to bake and I love to bake even more at Christmas time. I don't know what it is about making Christmas cookies, but I love it! I love figuring out what kinds I am going to make, I love baking them all in one day so the house smells so yummy, and I love plating them up and giving them out the the neighbors on Christmas Eve. This is a tradition that my mom started when I was a little girl. She used to bake and bake and bake every Christmas and on Christmas Eve she would make plates for all our neighbors; it was me and my sister's job to hand them out! I loved going from door to door handing out the yummy goodies and we always went right before church so we were all dressed up in our Christmas dresses. I now do that with my boys, right before church on Christmas Eve all dressed up, they deliver plates of goodies to all of our neighbors!
So here are all the kinds of yummy cookies that I made:

Yummy Peppermint Patties
Yummy Lemon Cookies
Yummy Haystacks
(chocolate & butterscotch)

Yummy Chocolate Chips

Yummy Peanut Butter Blossoms

Yummy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Yummy Sugar Cookies

So the kids decorated store bought sugar cookies, cuz that is one cookie that I just can't make! So we went to my favorite grocery store and bought 2 doz. sugar cookies from the bakery and brought them home for Brendan, Colin & Kennedy to decorate with white frosting and lots of different kinds of sprinkles!
The finished cookies!
They were so proud and the cookies were
so yummy!

8 comments:

Davisix said...

Holy Horse Hooves! That is the most delicious table of yummies!!! Mmm, mmm, mmm!!! You rock my friend. Merry Christmas. Love ya...Ang

He & Me + 3 said...

What I am wondering is if they are yummy? LOL
They look delish!
Great job, now deliver some to your neighbor in Michigan!
Love ya!
Mimi

Lisa said...

Man, I am really gaining weight just looking at all of those yummy treats. Oh, those haystacks are calling my name along with everything else. Let me know when you are ready for my address and I will e-mail it to you so you can send me my box of Christmas goodies (lol).

Merry Christmas!!
~Lisa

More Than Words said...

I wish I was your neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow..that is so awesome!!! I always have intentions of doing all that too, but it never seems to work out!!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Aww.. how sweet of you. Everything looks great!

Kelly said...

Is there a house on your street for sale? ;) Really...I will send you our address.
Everything looks DELICIOUS!!! Eat a few for me. (umm...please keep the calories to yourself though, K?) ;)
Awesome job.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jane Anne said...

Oh my goodness, those treats look delicious!! I wish we were neighbors. I'd be knocking on your door! Merry Christmas from my house to yours!

Lisa said...

Eat and be merry for January I diet. That all looks so delicious.