Sunday, December 14, 2008

Too Party or Not Too Party...That is the Question?!

First off I would like to send out sincere apologies to all of my bloggy girlfriends for not posting or commenting these last few days. It has been busy around here and I am thankful for the many friends that we have visited with over the past 2 days!

So secondly, too party or not too party...that is the question?! This past weekend I was the hostess with the mostess! We hosted 2 Christmas parties, yes count them, 2, this past Friday and Saturday!

Friday night we hosted the annual Christmas party for the school where I teach. It was fun, in light of the lack of people that actually showed up! We have close to 75 people who work at the school including teachers, office staff, and aids and only about 15 people showed up, making the grand total around 30 people who came. But that is OK, we still had lots of fun and the last ones didn't leave until after 1am! The boys stayed at grandma and grandpa's house and had lots of fun! I didn't think to take any pics of this party, oh well, maybe next time!

Saturday night we hosted the annual WCHS football staff party. This party was very fun, as it was a family party! There were over 15 kids alone at this party and with all of the adults, the number reached over 50! We had a taco bar set up with all the fixin's and lots of other fun food to eat as well. There was lots of talk, laughing, playing, poker and of course football!! I did get pics at this party!

Newest Member of the coaching family!

Let's play some poker!


Coaches playing some cards

Coach Kyle & Emma
Ryan & some of the wives!
Hanging out by the food!

Jordan, Emma, & Julia

Dawn & Nash

Ryan holding the newest WCHS football fan!

More hanging out!

Maren & Deborah

Football at the Football party!

Ryan, Deborah, & Anson
The coach's wives

Hanging outside

All the yummy food

More yummy food

Cady & Ellie being silly


In between parties, I was busy shopping for food, supplies and gifts for a family of 5 that we adopted from church!

Today I was stunned when I woke up at 9am! I headed to church with the boys and then came home to make my yummy peppermint cookies for a cookie exchange I attended this afternoon!

So, that was my busy weekend. I love this time of year, even though it was exhausting, it was so much fun. Food, friends, & fun, what else can you ask for?! And not once did we forget that Jesus is ALWAYS the reason for the season!

Hoping you had a Christ filled weekend!

8 comments:

More Than Words said...

Hmm..I guess you can be excused for not being a faithful blogger friend!! LOL..I'm totally kidding!!

It sounds like you had a very busy weekend, and fun one at that!! The party pics looked great and everyone was having a good time! LOL @ the pic of your hubby and the wives! Ha!!

Have a great rest of your Sunday night, my friend! It's always nice to see a post from you!!! HUGS!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Looks like it all went well. Sorry about your tire. LOL Hope it held up. Everyone looked like they had a blast. Nice pictures. Ryan was in heaven with that cute baby huh? He makes them look so small. He was always so good with Sammy:) Love and miss you! Be on the look out for the box!

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

No apologies needed sweet one...you had your hands full! And you remembered to take all of those pictures...you are the girl!

It looks like you put on quite the fun time. Truly, it looks fabulous!

Hope you had a great Sunday!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Wow~! Looks like you made up for it with a ton of picture takin at that party!!! LOL. Everyone was having so much fun...just one question...doesn't someone always have to end up in the pool?

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh, you are a great blog friend! Don't ever think otherwise. I found myself apologizing for the same thing this weekend.

It looks like you guys had fun...that's what counts!

Take care my friend!
I hope you have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

I think you had your hands full!! Looks like it was worth it though. I am hosting a party on Mon. for 15 cubscouts and their families. I must have had a temparary brain malfunction when I agreed to this, but I will go with the flow!! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

No apologies my friend we all are busy and no need to apologize. JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! just kidding love ya!!!!

Love all the pictures!!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun time had by all.