Sunday, December 21, 2008

Glendale Glitters

A town, not far from where we live, puts on a beautiful light festival every year. This year was the first time that the boys and I headed to Glendale Glitters. As we drove through the streets of Glendale looking for a parking spot, I heard lots of oohhs and aahhhs coming from the backseat! All the lights, all the people, all the everything...it was amazing!
The main reason we went this year, was because a family friend's daughter was performing in the amphitheater. Katie's dance company was asked to perform this year and her class was 1 of 15 chosen to preform. She did a hip hop number to a rap song from Jim Carrey's 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas'. She looked adorable and did a great job in front of a huge audience!After Katie preformed, we walked around to take in the sights! There was a white and gray wolf that the boys were able to pet! Yes, I said WOLF!! The handler advised us to take off our gloves, so off came the gloves. For whatever reason, the wolves liked to bite at them and anything that was inside of them... fingers!
They had some small carnival rides and blow up bouncey things and Santa was there for pictures. But because we went on a Saturday night, it was very busy and the lines were very long. Luckily I was able to talk to boys out of the rides and seeing Santa! So we opted for some silly pictures instead! Smile :)
They also had a huge screen set up for the showing of 'The Polar Express'. This is one of the boys' favorite movies, so we got some hot chocolate (yummy!) and they sat for awhile and watched the movie!The last thing we did before leaving, was take a horse and carriage ride around Glendale. It was so much fun. Brendan and his friend Dylan were able to sit up front with the driver, which they thought was so cool, and the rest of us rode in the carriage covered up with blankets.

We can't wait to go again next year!

12 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh...Hey! How fun everything looked so fun. I am loving the picture of the boys with just their faces and standing next to the Big Boys snowman. LOL The red and white checkers made me think of Big Boys.
Great shots and I can't blame you for wanting to go again next year. Just beautiful!
Love,
Mimi

Lisa said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Ok, so what it the temperature where you are at? It is freezing cold here in Ohio and I would love to send you this weather in trade of your semi cold weather.

Thanks for sharing these picture!!

Stephanie said...

I love hot chocolate!!!! That looks like so much fun and how neat that something like that is so close to your home!

Kelly said...

Oh, I just LOVE christmas outtings!! We had something like this in our town. They even did the movie in the middle of town!! I would definately put this on your calender for next year!!

More Than Words said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun!!! I like how they incorporate the live animals..lol!! My kids would love to pet a WOLF!! Oh..and the carriage ride...how FUN!!! Great pictures!

Kelly said...

that looked like it was so much fun.
with our temps (ohio) you would not dare take your gloves off or sit on the ground. (he he he)
I love big gathering in towns like that.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Wow, looks like so much fun! I love carriage rides!

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

Those pictures are aweseome! Truly, you captured the fun. The sleigh ride just looks like so much fun!!

Hope you had a great time and a great weekend my friend!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Love the huge snowman and the Hot chocolate pics....those were really great! Looks like a blast!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love those times! What a great way to celebrate the season! Take care my friend!

Davisix said...

OH how fun!!! I love the lights and am a sucker for a carriage ride!! Great pics. :) Ang

Us said...

FUN FUN!!!! I do love lights and a carriage ride! I'm so glad you had a good time! Great pictures! xo Keli Did you get your package??