Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hollywood Or Bust!

Last night Brendan's 3rd grade class put on a math mystery titled Mastering Math. The plot involved a young Sherlock Holmes and his assistant Watson. It was very cute and starred the entire class. Not only was it a play, but also a musical! Each student had a speaking part, whether small or large and they all sang. They have spent weeks getting it ready for last night's performance. Brendan did a great job! He actually did a few things in the show, he played the part of a kid (I know, big stretch!) and he also ran the music for the entire show. Sounds like me, that kid, a multi-tasker!!

Part of the class singing, the other half of the class was on the other side of the stage.
Brendan singing his heart out! A lot of OOHHH's in this song!
He had to put his face in his hands and sway during one of the songs.
Taking his bow at the end of the performance...BRAVO!
Standing in front on of the back drops
Brendan with this teacher and director of Mastering Math, Ms. Leslie
Posing with 2 classmates after the show


Posing with brother after the show



Brendan with his script



Brendan standing in front of the poster that was posted all of the school and went home.



I didn't get any still shots of Brendan during his speaking part because I was taking video. I uploaded it for you to enjoy! I hope you can hear it! His solo in the song was supposed to be the 3 kids singing, but he was the only one to sing, so a solo it became!


Congrats to our up and coming stage actor!


BRAVO!!

OK...for whatever reason, I am unable to upload the video that I took of Brendan's scene and solo. I am very sad about that since he did such a good job! I will continue to try, but know that he was really good!!

10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

OH MY...looks very cute and Brendan seemed comfortable in the spotlight. Good for him. We are at the end of Heck & tech week. Thank God the show opens tomorrow and is only this weekend. I can so use a break!
Great Job B!

Kelly said...

Great pix. All except the one with the boy in the Michigan shirt. ;) lol...I can send you all some Ohio State stuff. jk (sorry, I had to)

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

You could be the busiest family I know...so many activities going on. Looks like you have to keep those boys busy!! Or, if they are anything like mine they will eat you out of house and home!

Stephanie said...

He looks so cute up there!!! Don't you just hate those videos..I always have problems loading them and of course they take forever!!!!

I can't believe we could have a male multi tasker on our hands..we could all be in trouble :)

Lisa said...

Looks like he enjoyed himself tremendously. I always use to love school plays when I was younger although they made me quite nervous!!

Uh yeah, I agree with my good friend Kelly...we need to send you all some Ohio State gear (lol). Just kidding!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

oh wow! That's great! It's such a good feeling as a mama to see our kids doing well!

Take care my friend!
I hope you have a good weekend!

Jessie said...

Great pics! The kids look like they had a lot of fun!

Lisa said...

Way to go Brendan you master that math and you will be set for life, you too Colin you are both very cute and smart fellas.

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

This looks like quite the school production! He looks like he was quite comfortable....you may have an actor on your hands there! Awesome job, Brendan!

Love ya bunches, Stacey! ((hugs)) to you!

More Than Words said...

I don't know how I missed this post!! Those were great pictures, and I'm sure you were very proud of him!! What handsome boys you have there!!!!