Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Isn't it Ironic?!

I have been wanting to sleep in at least once while on my Christmas Vacation, but to no avail, I have not had the opportunity. This morning I thought I hit the jackpot and then before 7 am I hear this most annoying BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! I begrudgingly woke up and sleepily walk around the house to find where this most annoying BEEP is penetrating from. I follow the noise into Colin's room, mind you where he is sleeping soundly, to find my old cell phone's alarm going off. WHAT!! He had taken over my old phone when I got a new one and he had set the alarm (for whatever reason, he had nowhere to be!). So, I thought I had turned it off and went back to bed and low and behold, BEEP, BEEP BEEP, 10 minutes later! I refound the phone and opened it up only to realize that I had hit the snooze button and had not turned it off! So I was up and the boy who had set the alarm was sleeping...ironic isn't it?!

Yea...Colin is in there somewhere, sleeping soundly!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww...I am sorry that you did not get to sleep in. I would have made him get up to. He after all set the thing. ;) I am a MEAN Mommy.
Nah, I just value my sleep is all.

Maybe you can grab a little nap later.

Kelly said...

Oh, I hate that... especially when my hubby brings his BlackBerry to bed. Seriously? He thinks he is being covert and putting it on vibrate, but when you set it on a hard nightstand and it goes off you would think you were getting shot at with the noise it makes-- 3am no less! Have a good new year!

Us said...

Looks like I'm the 3rd Keli to post! LOL! This is hilarious, for us anyway, not so much for you! I would not have been happy! Hopefully you can catch a little cat nap later! : ) xo Keli

Lisa said...

Ah Shucks!! You can come over here and spend the night...Cameron let us sleep til 9:15. Here is to hoping you get to sleep in tomorrow!!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

haha, so funny.. But I feel sorry for you!

He & Me + 3 said...

That's my boy...Gotta love his efforts to wake up to an alarm. so sorry you didn't get to sleep in.

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh..my two older kids do that w/ their cell phones! For what reason, I don't know??? They set them for an unrealistic time, and they just sleep right through it! I'm the one who ends up turning it off!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH too funny! You never know what those boys are thinking! But that is a cute picture!