Saturday, December 27, 2008

I'm Gonna Miss This...



So this past Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, my niece, Kennedy, spent time with our family. We are very fortunate to live close enough for Kennedy to visit and spend the night often. I have always been close to Kennedy and love to have her spend time with the boys.
So Monday night her and the boys wrote a Christmas play that they wanted to preform for the family on Christmas day. They each had their own roles with lines, songs with solos and props. I had so much fun watching them practice for 3 days and then put on the performance of their (short) lives! This reminded me of when I was their age. Me, my sister & cousins would put on talent shows, plays, sing-a-longs...anything that our parents would watch, through out the entire year! I was so proud of them, as was the rest of the family!
It was a very cute play entitled "The Night Before Christmas" which was about 2 boys going to bed on Christmas Eve and being thankful for the presents that Santa and his elf brought! The played ended with a family sing-a-long and dancing! Everyone had so much fun and I am really going to miss it when they feel that they are too old to have fun like this! Kennedy is 11 yrs old and I am very thankful that she still comes over and hangs out with an 8 yr old and 7 yr old. I hope that next year they will preform for us again!
So I am going miss these fun times when they use their imagination and beyond...
I can only hope and pray that they use it as often as they want!

For more You're Gonna Miss This moments, be sure to visit Pam!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

very neat and fun...you have some talent there. Did you get a video of it?

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
He & Me + 3 said...

Awww, great pictures. I loved doing that too. So much fun!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how fun! Why do these years have to go by so quickly?!?!?

McCrakensx4 said...

Yes...I did get video, but I can't seem to upload it to my blog! I will keep trying though! AAHHGG!!
~Stacey

More Than Words said...

There's just a special relationship between cousins!! That looks like they had so much fun!

Us said...

Wonderful! Our family is close and cousins get to spend time together too! It's so so nice! xo

Everyday Mom Designs said...

How sweet!

Debra Kaye said...

Stacey,

How fun and how wonderful to have close cousins!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, my friend!! I love your new picture too!!

Happy Saturday sweet sis!!

Pam said...

yes, doing plays at Christmas... we did this when we were young, and my mom helps them do them now... it is so much fun and such great memories!